Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Holiness of Life, All Inclusive





"I painlessly came to realize that the reverence I felt
for the holiness of life is not ever likely to entirely be
at home in organized religion." 
Eudora Welty


I hold my heart open to things that seem peculiar to me.  I leave elasticity in my boundaries to extend my opinion or contract and protect my beliefs.   I welcome challenges to the way I perceive God's world and I offer others lenient respect while I sincerely expect the same in return.

As a baptized Lutheran, I attended a Roman Catholic Grade School, a Swedish Covenant Academy.   and a Disciples of Christ College.  Early on, when I was asked if I were a christian, I would immediately ask for their definition of christian.  It seems we have emerged from a tightly adapted dogma to a personalized interpretation which tends to be exclusive.

The reverence I feel for the holiness of  life is all inclusive.  I hold respect for all living things, objects in nature, and cultures.  This is not to say I agree or understand all peoples, places and things, but it does mean I will not judge nor harm.  



No comments:

Post a Comment