Saturday, August 19, 2017

Lighting the Sky



"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth,
"You owe me."
Look what happens with a love like that,
It lights the whole sky. 
Hafiz

Teachers and mentors have impacted my life in very positive ways.  Early on I was desperate for direction and thankfully my earth angels were front and center.  Unfortunately, I was never able to appropriately extend my gratitude.

As time passed, I realized excruciatingly painful relationships were also teaching me.  I doubt I could look into the eyes of a negative interloper and spit out a 'thank you' at least in that time and space.  Perspective shifts with hindsight and with respect, I would want to at least acknowledge roles that had been played.

In present day, it is a blessing to extend a hug or be a listener.  It is a way of paying back kindness that had been so generously provided to me.  Life experiences carve us into a defining character and if we can appreciate who we have grown to be, we are most worthy of shining a light for others.



No comments:

Post a Comment