Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Messy or Disgruntled






"Highly sensitive people are too often perceived as weaklings or damaged goods.  
To feel intensely is not a symptom of weakness, 
it is the trademark of the truly alive and compassionate."  
Anthon St. Maarten

There is an abundance of acceptance and encouragement from my friends, but the world continues to frighten and threaten me with change beyond my control.  My heart is more vulnerable than ever as it has finally broken open while my feet remain firmly on the ground preparing to embrace what I feel.   

My tears of disappointment are not a sign of weakness.  They are an outpouring of deep compassion for all the souls sleeping in ignorance.  There is a burden of sadness for those who are trying so hard to let their light shine in this darkness.

To use our voice  shouting out loud or through the written word  we become authentic and alive.  We may feel messy or disgruntled, but being present with our emotions can encourage others. I am not ashamed to weep as I boldly stand with my light until the dark passes.  





No comments:

Post a Comment