Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Listen and Learn




"If you want to be understood, listen."
Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu




Crows were screeching, as I wandered down the solitary path.  I glanced over to a neighboring  tree and the top branches were filled with the cawing crows.  I did not  welcome them on my silent commune with nature; but it is so like life, trying to remain peaceful in the midst of chaos.

Soon, I spotted a hawk gently gliding in the sky.  In spite of having some sense of direction, the hawk (symbol of forthcoming message) peacefully went with the flow of the wind.  The bird was content to just be, flying the cloud filled blue sky.

I realized my preference to the hawk rather than the crows.  The crows were all talking at once without listening to each other.  I wanted freedom to fly, to be self-contained, and not draw attention to my self.  I wanted to hear any message, in hopes the new wisdom would help me understand life's purpose.  I really wanted to just listen and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment