Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Heighten the Divine





"Bowing has the quality of consciously evoking spirit
and conveys a sense of reverence for the people involved."
Madisyn Taylor
Daily Om

I have been known to refuse to bow before a man, no matter what his professional title might be, as I would see this act of bowing as surrender or admittance to being lesser than.  Perhaps this is driven by ego or shaped by past experiences, but I choose to bow only to the essence of the Divine.

I will hastily remark that when I stand before individuals who radiate endless love and  unlimited acceptance, I eagerly lower my head.  In the presence of a misplaced person, I willing bend to show respect, hopefully  awakening his or her spirit.

I would lower my entire body to honor the sacred appearing in physical or non-physical ways.  All of nature I would bow before as it heightens the Divine within me.  Bowing is a reverent act provoking a spiritual connection, and recognizing the inner spirit residing in all whom God has made.



No comments:

Post a Comment