Friday, August 26, 2016

Carried By Water




"Hope is a flowing stream."
Lailah Gifty Akita


I spent hours in a flowing stream, pulled by the current. The ripples moved me forward, gently coaxing me out of stagnant waters. My eyes embraced the trees while my fingers dangled, touching rocks made smooth by water.  The sun peeked down from the sky and kissed my cheeks as moisture glistened upon my skin.

The water cleansed me, washed away my sadness.  It lifted the heaviness from my heart and filled my mind with calm.  I watched the birds as they soared above, filled with beauty like art in the sky.  Tiny creatures scampered to and fro suggesting the need for simple play.   With a light fragrance, the wildflowers swayed as a promise for  a new day.

To be carried by water is a sacred thing, and I am saddened when I arrive at the river's edge.  The tall grass beckoned my feet to crease a new path, to begin life again.  As I moved forward, I carried  hope from the flowing stream, knowing I may never be back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment