Sunday, August 31, 2014

Releasing the Bad Guys




"Release all the bad guys in your play to become good guys.
You no longer have to keep playing out the drama of
hurting, judging, and controlling one another."

Carol Tuttle
REMEMBERING WHOLENESS


Wisdom brings dawning to a new day.  Fresh insight triggers the unfolding of many differing perceptions.  We move from tunnel vision to a broad scope of creative possibilities.  We begin to see with new eyes and discover how tightly our misconceptions have kept us locked in a prison of confinement.

Bring to mind those who have hurt us the most.  Make a list if there have been many, or just choose one in particular whose knife is still lodged in our heart.  If we move beyond the wounding, and recall  the process of healing, we can see a benefit from this painful experience.  

Our greatest lessons are frequently taught to us by teachers portraying themselves as the 'bad guys'.  When we find the strength to remove the penetrating knife, and healing is successful, we then can appreciate the outcome rather than just dwelling on the seeping wound.

Once upon a time, a husband broke my trust, my spirit, and my heart.  I totally lost sight of any thing worthy in my self.  I was furious by his actions and constantly picked at my sores asking why.  It was not until after I had moved forward that I was able to revisit this difficult debacle in my early life.  With hindsight, I could easily see that it was an opportunity of great growth.  By not only surviving, but thriving, I finally presented with unshakeable confidence and self-worth.  

Angry emotions hold us captive in a prison.  Without forgiveness, we are routinely drained of energy that could be used for a better purpose.  When we unlock the prison gate, we feel a rush of positive energy, freeing us at long last from our 'bad guys' who were simply teachers in disguise.





No comments:

Post a Comment