Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The Purpose of Being Me

ღ Sue Fitzmaurice, Author ღ
 
 
 
 
During the journey home to Illinois from Florida, I had plenty of time to create a list of things to do upon returning home.  Some of the tasks were quite obvious while a few others were more vague.   The list was balanced by both chores and creative outlets.  I had truly given it considerable thought.

Now  home, I am no longer certain as to  where I have placed this list and I am not aware of any desire to find it.  The sun is shining, the temperature has warmed, and the clocks have moved forward ... all signs of approaching spring.  My mood is elevated, as well as my energy level.  Once again I feel alive! 

Winter's hibernation has been filled with wandering ideas, projections of possibilities, and road maps to orchestrations.  I gladly leave all of this behind in my cave, bolting out of the confines and into the hope of spring. 

When I can be outside, surrounded by nature my heart sings.  It is easier for me to fulfill a purpose.  I have a greater understanding of not being driven, but relaxed by the love of nature surrounding me.  There is simple joy in spotting flowers pushing themselves up through the ground, and I await their bloom.  Grass turns green and buds sprout on trees, as they awaken growth within me.  This promise of spring beckons me to proudly be me.



No comments:

Post a Comment