Monday, March 3, 2014

Sense of Home

 




Cut not the wings of your dreams,
for they are the heartbeat and the freedom of your soul.

~ Flavia ~
 
 
 
There are so many journals on my book shelves.  Some are filled with spiritual reflections, while others reflect daily challenges as a mother, wife, and a woman longing for creative expression.  I have recorded my night time dreams for years as well as what I could decipher from them.  I regret that I did not have a dream journal where I entered what I was hoping for at that given point in time. 
 
Thinking back over the years, I can recall ego centered or fantasy laden goals from grade school through high school.  In college I hoped to save the world while waiting for someone to rescue me.  I desired to visit Hawaii, which at that age, I never did.  My most consistent day dream was about being a mother to my then unborn children. 
 
Then there came a time where my desire to 'know' things about people and the world over rode visions of fancy houses, illustrious careers, or personal recognition.  I had been chief, cook, and bottle washer; entrepreneur; proprietor; and mentor to a few.  As the years of mothering began to pass, I found myself longing  to dig deeper into the things I could sense and not yet feel.
 
When my marriage dissolved, and my children moved out on their own, I did begin to speculate about the definition of 'home'.  I began to gather peace into my soul, and visions into my mind, and accepted the spiritual component that had always really been mine.  
 
My home is by the water, listening to the waves.  It is sitting on the warm sand, watching the seagulls.  It is feeling the sun shining on my face erasing every mental thought.  My home is by the star studded sky, where light twinkles down inspiring me.  It is in the moon beams where all else eludes me, that I find my true sense of home.. 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment