Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Trigger a Sense

 

 
 
"It's a funny thing about life;
if you accept anything but the very best,
you will get it.
 
W. Somerset Maugham
 
 
This month of February has been spent in Florida in a penthouse right on the gulf. There has been some fog, but generally the temperatures have been between 65-74 with lots of sunshine.  While back home, there has been snow, ice, more snow, more ice, freezing rain, flooding, and threats of tornadoes.  Winds were up to 65 mph with temps in the mid 40's and I wondered if our neighbors were safe.
 
This evening, I sit on the penthouse deck watching the moon slowly move across the darkened sky.  The stars are twinkling while I listen to the waves rolling in.  I find myself very thankful for the gifts of the sea, for nature's blessings, and all that has unfolded for me.
 
While reading Alan Cohen's THE DEEP BREATH OF LIFE, he stated:  "We never need to demean ourselves to be socially acceptable; it is not necessary to give other people pleasure at our expense.  When friends, co-workers, or authority figures ask us to violate our integrity or peace, we cannot afford to dishonor our spirit."
 
Throughout every minute of our day, we are given opportunities to reinforce our view of our world.  If we go through our day, heavy laden, expecting the worse, we will find exactly those experiences.  On the other hand, if we approach our day with a sense of self-worth and positive attitude, we will be more apt to discover gifts waiting to be unfolded.
 
As Alan Cohen says: "Every challenge is an opportunity to choose our identity.  If you do not know your worth, you will accept and stay in conditions that deny the light you are and the happiness you deserve.  If you remember you deserve only love, you will accept the good that comes to you and categorically reject all else."
 
It is easy to remember the goodness in me as I sit in front of the moon by the sea.  I feel complete and at peace by enjoying each moment.  Once again I make a promise to myself, never to let others trigger the sense of smallness in me. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment