Thursday, February 7, 2013

Less is More

 
 
 
Come, come , Whoever you are
Wanderer, Worshipper, lover of leaving
it doesn't matter,
ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vow
a hundred times
Come, Come again, Come.
 
~rumi
 
 
Walking by the edge of the Atlantic Ocean, the chilly waves cleanse my feet, and all negative thoughts.  I am lulled by the sound of the ocean and comforted by the warm sun upon my back. The gentle breeze encourages me to walk just a little further, and then a little bit more.
 
I came across this Rumi quote written on a post card in a great unique shop named THE GREEN PINEAPPLE.  I have been a wanderer all of my life whether it be of body, mind, or soul.  Life has guided me in so many directions, I have often wondered if I don't have 'gypsy' blood.  My travels have been many, but only to places provoking deeper parts of my self to surface.   The more I get to know my inner self, the more I realize I am no longer the person I have been.  Layer upon layer sheds, and the lighter I find my self feeling.  Letting go of issues that once mattered encourages me to believe that less is truly more.
 
Excused from a rigid routine, free floating through a sunny day, my mind relaxes and my spirit is calm.  Perception of life is easily broken down into small pieces for me, and I carefully review delicate ponderings.
 
Rumi speaks of broken vows and I am reminded of the many I have earnestly made to my self, only to allow them to lapse in the pursuit of another.  Being gentle with my self, I realize as I stretch, grow, and change, earnest vows cannot always be honored.  To remain rigid in the confines of previous thoughts does not lend it self to deeper understanding just waiting beyond the boundary.  Stepping through the many illusions all based in fear, I feel closer to Spirit and connected to all things in nature and beyond.
 
There is a freedom here, a pure sense of "no-thing-ness" as the water tickles my feet and the ocean seems to extend forever.  Last night's dream returns and I once again try to decipher the many layers of meaning.  There is a distinct message loitering just beyond my understanding.  I will continue to unearth the symbols unknown to me in hopes of making the message clear.
 
It is time to turn around and go back.  The sun shines in my face, and the ocean continues to play with my feet.  There is no more longing.  The yearning has stopped.  I am here, clearly present in the moment and I know I can ..."Come, Come again. Come."
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment