Thursday, February 15, 2024

Quietly Falling In Love




"True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights."
Erich Segal

Once learning to love my imperfect self, I was capable of believing someone else might love me. Instead of using energy to assess what the other person needed, I could install 
flexible boundaries protecting what I needed. I did not have to project a certain image nor did I try to minimize. I did not idolize this new person nor did I criticize.

Aligned, I can notice the fullness of others. No longer do I race ahead to a fantasy dream land, as there is comfort in watching and appreciating all that authentically unfolds. Much can be learned by observing. Question inconsistencies without accusations. Know who you are, and let them be as they are. 

I have learned that the beauty of love is the ability to allow 'me to be me and you to be you' while together we can move forward. Manipulation and control fell by the way side when I learned to speak up. Expressing the self, personal needs are more readily met. As I quietly fell in love, simply holding his hand felt sacred. 

No comments:

Post a Comment