Thursday, February 8, 2024

Naciststic Vultures




"I forgive myself for viewing someone's lack of reciprocation 
as a challenge to convince them of my worth."
ehimeora

Suddenly, I noticed that the conversation had become one sided. The person sitting across from me, clearly, was not listening, and was focusing on others around us. Immediately, I felt like a dim bulb instead of a radiant light. I recalled how the interest suddenly shifted causing me to feel at fault.

Subconsciously, I wanted to be responsible for the sudden silence, as then I could repair it. The truth, however, had nothing to do with me. As time passed, I could stand back and reevaluate why words had gone flat. It started when I gently declined the opportunity to support this individual in a quest that I did not believe in.

Encounters that grow stagnant often are the result of someone driven by the need for manipulation and control. It has nothing to do with self-worth. It is important to reframe social situations like this by realizing it simply is not a good match. Walk away and find kindred spirits who are genuinely interested, not narcisstic vultures. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment