Saturday, April 28, 2018

Where There Is No More Understanding




"I think that hate is a feeling that can only exist
where there is no understanding."
Tennessee Williams

While raising four children, the word hate was not allowed.  When caught using this word, one would have to make three statements of why the person, situation, or thing was so worthy of such a harsh word.  In the process, it usually became clear that personal frustration was more the issue.

I have disliked numerous things, but hate was reserved for myself.  When I began to understand how life had happened to me, expanded room was created within me for self-love, insight, and change.  It is the lack of understanding that triggers hatred which intensifies when fear is added.  

Understanding takes time, but when we look underneath hate, we learn what we are really upset about.  It leads to the discovery of actually knowing very little factual information to support our views.  We can agree to disagree and we can live and let live, but please, no more hate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment