Monday, April 2, 2018

Heaviness Slipped Away





"Her laughter sounded like April showers,
like whispered secrets, 
like glass wind chimes."
Rebecca McNutt

Too confined by days of rain, I bundled up in rain boots, coat and hat.  I grabbed an old quilt to wrap around me as I sat on the front porch glider.   The rain poured down making splashes on the railing which sprayed upon my face.   I noticed the new flowers inching their way up through the heavy wet soil.

As I settled my body into the glider, the heaviness of the day slipped away,  my mind calmed, and my vision relaxed blending the perceptions before me.  As the wind chimes danced above my head, I was gently moved into meditation. Eyes fell closed as the chimes made tinkling sounds like angels nearing.

The fragrance from the spring shower lifted my spirits and the sound of the rain aligned my rhythms.  I felt gratitude for all of the plants, flowers, and bushes preparing to make a floral heaven of the yard.  I even had hope that the sun would soon shine.  Nurtured by nature, I belonged to life again.  I was eager to return to my day as an active participant, spreading joy along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment