Sunday, April 29, 2018

Compassion Not Criticism




"Learn how to accept your mistakes and 
learn how to understand mistakes of others."
Jayson Engay

When a person dwells on the mistakes of others, he or she are usually avoiding personal errors.  It blocks introspection and decreases pain while allowing a temporary  sense of authority.   If we manage to keep pointing towards someone else, we hope others will be distracted and not look at us.

The inappropriate tirade falsely links misfortune with bad behavior, rather than feeling compassion for the person in need.  Our judgment upon others creates a distance while compassion supports.  Even if we do not have a verbal exchange, we can send positive thoughts to the person, pray, or donate behind the scene support.  

During a particularly difficult time in my life, I was devastated by an experience and by the distancing of my friends.  I received a phone call from a woman I barely knew, but respected.  She told me she had heard of what was going on and she was not taking sides or wanting to be involved.  This lovely person said, "I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you and believe you will make good decisions."  This one gesture of kindness carried me through many dark hours.  



No comments:

Post a Comment