Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Search Provides Surprise




"I do not know what fruit these
seeds will bear, but I have faith 
that what is taking root today 
will surprise me with its vigor."
Danna Faulds

As I searched for my intention, what seemed like an eternity slowly floated by.  I did not feel driven by a particular purpose and my value was quite uncertain.  In the early years, I sought something concrete that would have a label to explain who I was to be.  I longed to find it in the ancient scripts, modern literature or wisdom of the keepers.

While raising my children, confidence soared and my creative abilities exploded.  It was all bountiful until my children roamed towards their own paths.  I sadly realized I needed to reinvent myself again.  Career extended numerous hats to wear and once again I was excelling except for when I was not.

Realization arrives after our toil and trouble.  Truth dawns brightly, and our extended spirit touches the cusp of who we really are.  Neither identity nor labels awaken the soul to the simplistic existence of honorable living.  It is when we begin to feel the seeds deeply rooted, flower within, that we discover kindness and love as the fruit of our labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment