Sunday, November 12, 2017

Acknowledge Thresholds

  
"It is wise in your own life to be able to recognize 
and acknowledge the key thresholds:   to take 
your time;  to feel all the varieties of presence 
that accrue there;  to listen inward with complete 
attention until you hear the inner voice calling 
you forward.   The time has come to cross."
John O'Donohue

Exposed to discrepancies in religious doctrine and family structures at an early age, I was prompted to become a seeker.  I was not interested in proving anyone wrong or right, but I was drawn to the  possibility of parallel explanations.  My motivation was to understand the conflicting information appearing to be so blatantly displayed before me.

Exceptions to the rule became a red flag to my comprehension of government laws or mandates of the church.   Abstinence or deliberate misuse of information seemed to pierce my skin as others simply looked the other way.  My trust in adults and those with power distorted the simplicity I was seeking.

My thirst for knowledge forged with my observation of the actions of others, and my education was highlighted by first hand experience.  I learned to pause before accepting truth;  to evaluate the source of information; and to listen to the emotions lingering behind the knowledge.  Alignment would come as I listened inwardly to the guidance of the divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment