Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Cycle is Complete



"Let others see their own greatness
when looking in your eyes."
Mollie Martie

Glancing across the room, I searched for an old friend.  It had been over 40 years since we last met and it had been very troubled times for both of us.  My desire to connect with her won out over the risk of exposing myself.    I reveled in the thought of just being with her one more time.

There she was: petite, curly hair, big blue eyes and radiant smile.  My heart warmed in recognition.  As I approached her, I wondered if she would remember me and how I might be received.  The puzzlement on her face was a great indicator that she did not recognize me.  

Her bright smile formed warm words, "Do I know you?"  I mentioned the married name I had given up so long ago and I watched her face change.  I believe she felt my energy and good intention as she pulled me towards her and we embraced.  All the disappointment and disillusionment fell far from us and we were united in friendship once again.  I will probably never see her again, but our cycle is  finally complete and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment