Saturday, September 23, 2017

Churn Words into Peaceful Praise




"I'm quietly sipping my coffee, sitting on the deck,
settled in to my little jungle of herbs and buzzing bees,
letting my thoughts wander, soaked in the warmth of the rising sun.
Breathing in and out the soft air
filling the moment with fluids of peace."
Anna Asche

In the busy times of life, I rarely created the time for self-renewal.  Time management organized my day and little thought was given to the abundance and blessings filtering in and out of child rearing years blended with dedication to career.

My sanctuary seemed to be my car and I would reflect as I drove back and forth.  The short distances allowed for thoughts of endurance and protection.  Hindsight clearly displays the built in guidance and security bestowed upon my family, in spite of my lack of thanksgiving.

Currently, I find my solitary time out in nature.  Sitting with my morning coffee I can greet the lazy cat, chase the aggravating squirrel away from the feeder, and watch the birds take flight into the sky.  I see images in the clouds and hear messages in the gentle breeze.  When the sun gives warmth to my soul, creativity begins to churn my words into peaceful praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment