Sunday, June 12, 2016

Peaceful Unity






"Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.
And between the two
my life flows."
Nisargadatta Maharaj



If any document projects we are nothing, it is not wisdom we are reading.  Wisdom is encouragement, support, and contemplative; not destructive criticism. Wise words assist in discernment  of weakness, while building on strengths.

If love speaks to us as though we were singularly everything, the scope of love is too narrow.  We cannot exclusively meet all needs, or desires of one other person. As a human being, we intend to develop our gifts and talents with our individual thumbprint, while others do the same.

It is the wise lover who embraces all parts of the self, while vigorously encouraging loved ones to do the same.  Each person can love the self fully in spite of weakness, and it is through wisdom we strive for peaceful unity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment