Thursday, June 2, 2016

Choice Surfaces



"Let your practice unfold from inside.
Think of it as silk thread, smooth and strong.
Let it connect you to the stillness found within."
Nancy Hodge Long
Restorative Yoga


Analytical thinking crowds my head and reality becomes distorted.  Clarity is lost as well as fluid reasonable thought.  Old filters shift back into place, coloring my perspective in darkness.  It is when the idea of choice surfaces, I can begin to slow myself down and begin to untangle the web of emotion.

To explore options, my mind begins to relax with a sense of control.  Composure is regained through yoga stretches or silent meditation.  The answers are found when I turn inward and reconnect with source.  Gripping pain in my neck slides away and my shoulders return to the natural position dropping down from my ear level. 

Finally grounded in my spiritual tradition, my body and mind can be stabilized.  Through regulated breath, I have the comfort of being connected to the earth, the sky, and my heart.  All is well in my world ... until it gets jumbled again.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh yes, I did see this, but on Facebook! I'm honored you chose a quote from me. Heartfelt thanks to you! Love your blog - carry on, my friend!

    ReplyDelete