Saturday, January 2, 2016

Sense of Disconnect



"Loving people live in a loving world.
Hostile people live in a hostile world.
Same world."  Wayne W. Dyer


There is so much beauty in our world.  Whether it is the animation on a child's face, the excitement illustrated by a feisty puppy, or the last fragrance of beautiful flowers, love is there.  During the winter, a different kind of beauty projects itself through stillness and cold.  We find ourselves seeing more form without accessories and the many signs of stillness.

When I find myself distanced from positive perceptions, I examine what resource I have let slip away.  I go through my checklist of daily inspirational reading, uplifting writing, extending and giving, and contemplations for fearless living.  It does not take long to recognize my carelessness which explains my sense of disconnect.

My mind can be filled with wisdom, but if I do not shine light upon what spiritually supports me, it doesn't take long for fear to seep in.  It is as though I am holding a powerful flashlight and what I see depends upon where I shine the light.  There is choice as to how we see our world and the observations color our concepts.








No comments:

Post a Comment