Sunday, January 10, 2016

A Wily Survivor



"The bear embodies the wisdom of the wild.  She symbolizes 
the intuitive that relies on its own inner experience rather than patterning 
itself on the experience of others. The bear walks a path of her own.  She dares
to question.  And she dares to believe. She fights for her children.  
She is brave and strong, maternal and defiant.
She is a wily survivor."

Joan Borysenko
A WOMAN'S JOURNEY TO GOD

Lost in a space of nothingness, I reflect upon my existence as a highly intuitive and independent woman. When I travel inner landscapes I process confusion by asking endless questions and defining spiritual beliefs. Although a wily survivor, I no longer need to be brave and defiant to finally experience calm and peaceful living.   

The majority of my life has been experienced as a gregarious extrovert, but as my true nature unfolds, I have become reclusive and private.  I have grown comfortable with being just as I am and no longer feel the call of a spiritual warrior.  

It is as though I have gathered the knowledge from the challenges in my life and while writing my story, I have discovered alternative endings. I have found myself painting loving kindness over my past sorrow, pain, and wounds. My words have turned into messages taking flight into the unknown. Compassion beats in my heart while forgiveness flows through my veins.  





No comments:

Post a Comment