Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Diversity Challenges and Discernment Solidifies





"Authenticity is a collection of choices that we have to make every day.
It's about the choice to show up and be real.  The choice to be honest.
The choice to let our true selves be seen."
Brene Brown, THE GIFTS OF IMPERFECTION


How truly boring if we were all the same!   I don't want to be surrounded by individuals who think, dress, act, and sound just like me.  I want color, lots of color to fill my life, not just one.     I don't want to be correct, I want to be opened by what you think and what you have experienced.  

Teach me what you know.  Tell me what you have never found.  Declare dreams that have unfolded and name the weapon that caused your pain.  Tell me what you have seen and whisper to me what meaning you have found in the sacred. 

When we fall together, embracing our imperfections and respecting conflicting wisdom,  we will each be seen and voices heard.  We will become empowered through our intimacy, not being threatened by what has been falsely imagined throughout the years.  Come, let us create calm together.



No comments:

Post a Comment