Monday, September 7, 2015

Coming Home





"What comes, will go.
What is found, will be lost again.
But what you are is beyond coming and going
and beyond description."

Rumi



 Mention the word nature and my mind instantly travels outside to find a tree.  With birds singing in the background and water trickling down a stream, I take unhurried steps towards a favored tree.  I offer the tree a sense of reverence as I am humbled and in awe for all of the years this tree has offered to our world.  Requesting permission to approach as though it were an altar, I sit in the midst of the mighty roots, and gently place my back against the ridges of the bark.  I feel all stress drain away as the sun dances  between the leaves sweetly kissing my face.

As in prayer, I reverently ask the tree for wisdom, closing my eyes to patiently wait for a response.  The wind gently moving the branches creates a subtle background of melody.  My body tends to loosen its barriers and I feel my inner beauty escaping into the tree.  We are one as I absorb the massive power of this giant force.  

My feet are digging down through the diverse roots to the center of the earth as my arms raise to join the branches bending towards the clouds.  I feel strengthened and renewed, as I slowly return to my physical self.  I settle in, desiring to spend time in the shadows of this tree, watching life in bloom all around me.  

As I prepare to respectfully remove myself from this magnificence presence, my heart stirs trying to grasp what the tree has said.  It sounded like, "Thank you for coming home."


No comments:

Post a Comment