Saturday, February 28, 2015

Gifted Ugly Boots



"Time constricts and flattens, you know.
It's not evenly weighted.  Certain moments
linger in the mind and others disappear."

Christina Baker Kline
Orphan Train


There are many memories I have lavishly placed in my journal from a women's retreat out of state.  Undoubtedly, I have referred to it previously as it impacted me greatly.  There were many opportunities to be experienced through sharing stories with others, meditating as a group or solitude, walking on Indian sacred ground, cleansing with sage, and sitting in a circle of rituals within a tipi.  

During one meditation, we were lulled into a space of clarity awaiting a gift from the other side.  One could feel the anticipation within the group.  After a lengthy time, we returned to each other to share our experience.  One woman was gifted with an amazing crystal from an ancient soul.  Another was given a carved wooden box containing mystery.  Yet another received an ornate paint set to highlight her work.  Then there was me.  I was visited by a great grandmother who I have 'seen' in the past.  My gift from her was an old pair of boots.  She told me I needed to walk my talk.  

Although my gift was not as glamorous as some other experiences in the room, it really resonated within me.  I always knew I was a fore runner to help others on their journey, to speak my truth as encouragement, and to be involved with energy work.  Each seemed to compliment one and other.

My boots are old and well worn these days.  I sometimes wonder if it isn't time for me to pass them down to another, but then I get that gypsy urge to wander a little further.  I may be one who dies with her boots on!  Then again, as time expands and contracts, I might just walk into another realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment