Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Long Time Coming





"When the soul becomes quiet,
you feel nourished."

Swami Chidvilasananda


The sun was shining today which makes everything right in my world.  Inspired by the sunshine, I  joyfully wrote all morning long.  Of course, this involves resourcing favorite authors, special quotes, and comments I have journaled throughout the years.  To be surrounded by words linked makes a lovely place to be.

The afternoon was reserved for finishing a book of fiction which had kept me intrigued.  I then tended to a few things around the house, leaving plenty of time to just sit and be.  Outside, I let the sunshine warm my face and listened to the birds hoping for spring.  I breathed in the gentle air, and pushed everything dark outside of me.   

By the day's end, I felt buoyant and free.  Nothing nurtures me more than words, books, and outdoors.   My routine is intentionally slow paced, so I can absorb these simple pleasures of life.  Like just being me.  It has been a long time coming, this part about being me.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, "When the soul becomes quiet, you feel nourished." This is my quiet time and I am so grateful to have your voice sharing the silence and my words. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete