Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Fabric In Each Others Lives





"Be the silent watcher of your thoughts and behavior.
You are beneath the thinker.
You are the stillness beneath the mental noise.
You are the love and joy beneath the pain."

Eckhart Tolle


Deep within, I sit in quiet solitude, watching my life flicker across a screen.  I listen to careless remarks I make to others, and see my hands remain in pockets when they could be reaching out to others.  I watch my lovely self deny my pain as a forced smile slides across my face.  I feel my teeth gripping my tongue, refraining from speaking my truth in the face of falsehoods.  My eyes gaze into the horizon when I can no longer view what is right in front of me.  

The lack of depth astounds me, and not in a judgmental way.  So many lives are in denial as they are bound by ignorance and fear.  We is quickly reduced to me, and ripples of compassion and love are restrained behind walls of self survival.  Separation is sensed and isolation quickly follows.  

This tug of war between we and me  has very harsh outcomes ... physical, emotional and spiritual.  The we who prosper must engage with the individual me, requiring the little me to make improvements towards togetherness.  Our hands must reach out to each other whether they are filled with gifts or crippled by pain.  

The love and joy beneath the pain is me and discernment of my gifts will help to create the manner in which the we can be gathered.  When each individual me recognizes personal self-worth and the authentic worth in others, the we will be woven together.  We are the fabric in each others lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment