Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hearts Stitched Together



When you're different, sometimes you don't see the millions of people who accept you for what you are. All you notice is the person who doesn't.”
Jodi Picoult, Change of Heart


There are so many angels in my life.  I laugh upon thinking this as the image of the angel from the movie MICHAEL with John Travolta comes to mind ... smoking, drinking, and disheveled!  My angels are diverse as well, none looking light a feathery delight!

My angels come in all sizes and personalities, but each one seems to intuitively know exactly when I need them.  I may receive a text, e-mail, or even a meet and greet just when I need it the most.  Some of them give the very best hugs.  The unspoken hugs that assure you that life will go one, no matter what you face in the moment.  Then there are the small communications spoken with the eyes.  The fleeting moment where two people are silently on the same page and understanding is exchanged in a lingering glance. 

When I send love, light, and energy to my angels, it is because I know how challenged some of them are.  Some are facing life opportunities or losses which I cannot even begin to imagine.  Others are contributing to the community in major ways in addition to managing a family home.  No matter what, they always have time for others, but at the expense of themselves.

Angels need to care for themselves.  They do better with self-nurturing and connections with their soul.  It is important for them to keep their own hopes and dreams rekindled and not to get lost in helping others.  All of these angels are unique in their own way ~ dancers, writers, teachers or students, leaders, and volunteers. 

My friends, the angels, are uniquely their own spirit.  They are original and creative, open to challenge and change.  When standing side by side, one might even wonder how they all are connected as they are so diverse.  They truly are their authentic selves, even though the unseen thread of unconditional love has stitched their hearts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment