Thursday, March 7, 2013

Allowing Truth to Rise Within






                                                     “You can't stop the future
                                                      You can't rewind the past
                                                  The only way to learn the secret
                                                          ...is to press play.”

                                                                Jay Asher
                                                  THIRTEEN REASONS WHY
 
 
 
It is as though someone has drained all color from the world and only black and white remains.  Instead of walking through soft sand, I am wandering through snow.  The floating butterflies are gone, replaced by hungry backyard winter birds.  The lovely outdoor gardens for dinning have disappeared along with all of the fresh fish.  So I guess I need to push play and get on with my life.
 
Perhaps I am simply stalling, knowing that responsibilities and obligations await.    I need to be gentle with my self as I transition back into place.  It takes more courage to be authentic at home than it did in the midst of strangers.  My thoughts need to focus on what feels true and release the interfering thoughts of fear. 
 
My intention is "to let truth as I know it rise within" just as Mark Nepo suggests.  He also advises even when we do not yet understand all that is our truth, we need to let it fill us.     As time passes, segments will come together  forming a complete piece.  Until I have full understanding of what I have experienced during my last adventure, I will remain open for understanding  or to be taught otherwise.   
 
Life can be compared to a dream in that during the first glance, we can form opinions, but as we look more deeply we can find layers of symbols and  hidden wisdom.  Like a dream, life frequently is not at all as it first appeared.  Understanding unfolds with time and patience encouraging us to experience it slowly and fully.  If for whatever reason we do not comprehend the initial experience, like a dream, it will recur until we learn the necessary truth.
 
It comes down to how much time  we want to invest in understanding our own lives.  Do we want the Cliff Notes or the enhanced version?  Are we always going to take the express lanes or will we route our experiences partially upon country roads?  Will we speed dial or slowly enter individual numbers? 
 
We will discover the need to pace our selves through life or life has a way of slowing us down.  All we have is the present moment  so we must expand each moment to the fullest even if just while we are standing still.

No comments:

Post a Comment