Friday, March 29, 2013

Spirit is Eternal





He who believes in me will live,
even though he dies;
and whoever lives
and believes in me
will never die. 

- John 11:25-26



Over the years, people have asked me who I would most like to meet, dead or alive.  My answer has frequently been Jesus the Christ.  The messages of Jesus were simply put: love your brother, embrace all peoples, heal the sick, love the children and respect the elders.   It does not matter to me where He was born, what time He was born, or if He were one of many masters.  Jesus the Christ impacted my life more so than any religious leader, adult, author or mentor.

Jesus the Christ has been a constant in my life even though my relationship with Him shifted throughout the years.  To me, Christ represents comfort, clear vision, and healing light.  I have loved Him dearly, shouted with anger at Him, and mourned in great sorrow with Him.  He has remained steadfast even when I was most lost and underserving.

I have never understood the labeling of "good friday" as to me it seems most conflicting.  As a child, I attended the stations of the cross as a very moving experience, but still "good friday" seemed most inappropriate. 

I preferred to focus my attention upon His life after death, the resurrection.  I don't know when Jesus the Christ actually died, but I do believe His spirit is eternal.  His truth became my truth ...
"whoever lives and believes in me will never die."



 Jesus of Nazareth as described in Wikipedia: 

"Scholars have offered various portraits of the historical Jesus which at times share a number of overlapping attributes, such as the leaderof an apocalyptic movement, Messiah, a charismatic healer, a sage and philosopher, or a social reformer who preached of the "Kingdom of God" as a means for personal and egalitarian social transformation.  Scholars have correleated the New Testament accounts with non-Christian historical records to arrive at an estimated chronology of Jesus' life." 

1 comment:

  1. I had never thought about the term 'Good Friday' before. I wonder if it is because he died for all our sins for those who believe in him and accept him as Jesus the Christ.
    Thanks for posting as we celebrate this Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete