Monday, April 9, 2012

Who Knew ...



A lot of it had to do with being a people pleaser,
being the ultimate good girl.
I wanted everyone to like me.
I didn't really have a voice.

Tracey Gold



I stood before you with an open heart like a window opening for you to view, but who knew.  Who knew you only saw a mirror reflecting what you chose to see and declined to see my best.

Who knew you listened to only the kind words spoken and turned a closed ear never to hear the rest.  I struggled so hard to be a loving presence and who knew you ignored my needs and quest.

Who knew playing all of those other parts for all of those other people would finally leave me with nothing but remnants of my beautiful self, waiting to be honored and explored.  Who knew what I would find when all caved in and I toppled inside.

I will write my words and list my needs.  I will speak my truth and let it fall where it may.  I will forgive and forget and begin again.  Who knew this would happen to me.  Who knew.







No comments:

Post a Comment