Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Breathing in Wisteria





 
You have to believe in your self
when no one else does.
That's what makes you a winner.

Venus Williams



For numerous years, driving to Nashville has been an excited return to all that is inspiring and good .  This trip, I was gone for only three weeks, yet I feel out of rhythm and out of sorts.  Misplaced and without a sense of direction in an overwhelming sort of way best describes how I feel while sitting out back breathing in the wisteria.

The yard has an arbor covered with wisteria.  I was not familiar with this flower until my daughter first moved to Tennessee.  It reminds me of an upside down lilac, but much more fragrant.  It has varying degrees of purple and the most interesting gnarly branches.  The vines are unruly and offer a delite similar to watching the gracefulness of a ballerina.  Bees swarm all around its heavy ladened flowered branches and I just want to be lost in its beauty.

Upon my return, there is so much waiting for me to do, but I feel frozen in place without the ability to invigorate my spirit.  Granted, I never have tranisitioned very well, but I am simply stuck in time and place. 

It is not that I don't believe in my self, as I do most definitely. It is not that I don't believe that others believe in me, as many definitely do.  I guess I just don't care about being a winner.  I'd much rather just sit in my white wicker rocker breathing in this wonderful fragrance of the wisteria.



No comments:

Post a Comment