Monday, October 31, 2011

One Pumpkin






I would rather sit on one pumpkin,
and have it all to myself,
than be crowded
on a velvet cushion.

Henry David Thoreau


The oxymoron that best describes me is 'an extroverted hermit'.  I love people, learning and experiencing with them, but I equally crave time alone. 

Once, I would have described my personal hermit time as a withdrawal into a cave.  What was I thinking ... dark, damp, bats!  My hermit time is now spent in the rich imagination of my mind.  I dwell in beauty and sensations; knowledge and vision; and nurturing and healing. 

The expansion of my spirit within brings light into the darkest corners embracing all parts of myself.  I cherish all that I have become and glory in being just one speck of the entire universe and all that compiles the Holy. 

There will be no velvet cushion for me, as I am content to sit in a pumpkin patch in the midst of nature with all of its forms.  In this connection, I find myself believing all things are possible for both you and me.


No comments:

Post a Comment