Monday, October 17, 2011

The People You Need ...




God doesn't give you the  people you want, He gives you the people you NEED,...  

To help you, to  hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you into the person you were  meant to be.
   

 

This saying was at the conclusion of an e-mail I received this morning from a dear friend in Florida.  It triggered many feelings inside of me.  When I receive such a strong emotional reaction to something, I know I have emotional work that needs to addressed.

Currently, Spirit is generously leading new  people into my life to help me settle into this new transition of mine.  I am learning about southern traditions, sayings, and food choices.  New interests are being brought forward for my consideration and although the newness can be intimidating, I welcome the evolving movement.

Forgiveness for people who hurt me is not difficult.  In hurtful situations, a friend has been a teacher offering me an opportunity to evolve and strengthen my belief system.  I can wrap my mind around the concept of being thankful to someone who has been my teacher, but I struggle with the residue of personal pain remaining in my heart.

Tears escape me as I think of special people who leave.  Relationships are my most valuable experiences and I treasure the unique gifts and talents of each person.  People become pieces of my life puzzle and when they leave, there is a gaping hole where they had once been.  I gently fill each empty space with memories, knowing that in some magical way we will all be together again.

Then I think of people who love me in spite of my changing self.  The friends who stand by me, and remain present in my life no matter where I am.  My family who unconditionally loves and accepts me, helps me to heal the tender wounded places that await healing in my heart.

When all is said and done, I want to face the great Divine with a thankful heart for all of the people who were brought into my life.   I want to be filled with gratitude for all that I have become. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment