Saturday, May 14, 2022

The Death of Kindred Spirits




"Invisible threads are the strongest ties."
Friedrich Nietzsche

With the intention to compile a list of friends, I scrolled through my contacts.  It did not take long to notice that several important people in my life had passed and I had not yet deleted them from my lengthy list.

I fully acknowledge the death of kindred spirits and find my self willing to let them go into other realms as we will surely meet again in a different time and space.  There is the desire, however, to sustain the gifts they had brought into my life.

When the deceased present them selves in my mind, I do not have morbid thoughts.  I feel a warm glow as I remember their approach to life or their unique laughter or the wisdom shared.  I do not keep them bound to this world, as my intention is simply to keep their amazing spirit alive.  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment