Thursday, June 11, 2020

Sheltered in Place




   

     "I'd like to have enough time and quiet, 
         to think about absolutely nothing."
                            Albert Caeiro


To think about nothing sounds like an easy task, but indeed it can be challenging.  The more emphasis we place on clearing our minds, more thoughts tend to appear.  Releasing built up words onto paper before beginning or playing soft music to drown outside noise can be helpful.

If we can determine a time when we can return to a certain spot every day, it assists in the development of clearing the chatter from our mind.  Like most any endeavor, we must train our body, mind, and spirit.

To be sheltered in place, time has been available to learn to be still.  As my adult children work, and my grandchildren nap, the afternoon offers me quiet time out on the covered deck.  Watching the birds, floating clouds, and rolling hills of Nashville, it is easy to lull myself into stillness.  I wish the same for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment