Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Rising From A Quiet Place




"Today I rise,
I rise from the quiet place within me,
knowing the youth to my core,
letting go of what was,
stepping into my now,
blessing the lessons, the gifts, the path
that has fought me to this moment.
With an open heart, I rise."
Mary Adams



When we are in the thick of things, events, mile markers, and gain tend to be our rulers for accomplishments.  Our goals drive us with determination to reach a particular level of success, to make our mark in the world.

As time passes we pause to take inventory of our life.  We have moved forward enough, there is room to turn around and observe our path traveled so far.  Have we had courage?  Have we wandered towards distractions?  With kindness towards our lovely selves and others, have we made amends?

Gracefully aging, one does not focus solely on past career.  Our awareness spreads into areas where we hopefully assisted others less fortunate than ourselves; memories of our friends; and special celebrations with family.   The spirit at our inner core finally moves forward with the sense of our place within the whole world.




No comments:

Post a Comment