Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Nameless God



"Those with less curiosity or ambition just mumble 
that God works in mysterious ways.  
I intend to catch him in the act."  
Damien Echols


With humor, I recall early stories of God separating seas, turning bushes into fire, and turning a woman into salt as she cast her glance back.   These stories created an image of an extraordinary male who could snip, snap or twist to simply prove a point.

Thankfully, my image of God is now genderless and nameless.  This powerful energy is loving, kind, and supportive.   I now believe it is the human being who threatens with power, devastation and isolation, as God has given us free will.

I no longer wait for claps of thunder or dramatic miracles to recognize the presence of this great energy.  I feel the presence of God in the slight movement of the wind blowing through the trees or the delicate rhythm of a humming bird.  I see love and kindness reflected back to me and I know it is my nameless God.

No comments:

Post a Comment