Sunday, May 6, 2012

To Make a Difference





I want an earth that is healthy,
a world at peace,
and a heart filled with love.
I want my life to count.

Eknath Easwaran
Words to Live By


It is easy to be defined by the varying roles we play in life whether it is parent, career person, community icon, or lover.  Eventually, however, all of these labels fall short of the identity we long to have. 

It is ironic that we spend so many years of our life adding layers to our personality, only to spend our later years discarding all of the unnecessary debris.  We long to uncover our authentic essence and be truly who we were originally meant to be. 

It is exhausting to project an image of someone we are not and it takes courage to become who we were meant to be all along.  We need to nurture both our bodies and our earth to achieve an ideal state of health.  When we create peace within, we personally begin to initiate peace on earth.   It is only when we love our inner selves that we can extend true love to others.  We want our lives to count, to make a difference.

For me personally, I have chosen three qualities to lead me to authenticity:  unconditional love, integrity, and courage.  If I can successfully embrace these three things, surely my life can make a difference!


No comments:

Post a Comment