Saturday, July 23, 2022

Lengthy Labor


             


"We should not judge people by their peak of excellence;
but by the distance they have traveled 
from the point where they started."
Henry Ward Beecher


When I am attracted to someone, I find I want to hear his or her story.  I certainly have appreciation for current accomplishment, but I want to hear about the journey.  When a person shares his or her life path, a bond forms between the story teller the one who holds the space.

In the same way, it is important for me to remember all of the paths I, too,  have wandered  becoming who I am today.  I don't want to forget the dark or the light passages as both created segments contributing to who I am.

It is only with the passing of time that I have room to turn around and look back.  I do not want to be evaluated in the end as one lump sum nor do I want to be remembered for who I once had been.  I want my existence to be recognized as a lengthy labor of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment