Thursday, April 7, 2022

Peace Within My Soul






"Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever,
even if your whole world seems upset."
Francis de Sales

This morning, as my eyes were opening, I felt a strange sense of dread.  While enjoying my first cup of coffee, I could feel unsolicited emotions swarming inside of me.  My initial attempt to disengage failed and my peace of mind was challenged.

We have choice as to which direction we want our life to flow.  Granted, we cannot easily dismiss harmful acts or words of anger, but we can envision our lovely selves as water flowing in spite of boulders or dams.

Feelings can be triggered by false alarms or misinterpreted aggression, and our response can be genuine yet not necessarily dominant.  So I acknowledge this dis-ease hovering within me, but swiftly let it go.  I soothe my self with positive mantras and restore the natural peace within my soul.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment