Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Streams of Light Leading to my Wings





"Think that the reasons that elude you will one day catch up,
that the lessons that have stumped you will one day bring joy
and that the sorrows that have crippled you will soon give you wings."
THE UNIVERSE

There are many options for survival, but they all take a toll:  addictions to people, places or things; repression leading to depression and isolation; or avoidance by total disregard.  As we slowly move through the discord of life, we learn to wear masks or body suits of armor.  The intention is to let no one see our brokenness.  

For years the unresolved damage is like a thief in the night, robbing any prospects of joy and breaking the brittle confidence saved for a raining day.  Desperation finally leads us out of the  darkness, seeking the light.  "....the sorrows that have crippled you will soon give you wings," the Universe.

In my book of life experiences, the dark chapters always ended with the same thought:  "I know I would have not returned for this ... there must be something better waiting for me."  This mantra propelled me forward with the slightest wisp of hope.  In time and with patience, hindsight began to illuminate the turning points, lessons, and small streams of light that led to my wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment