Saturday, July 9, 2016

Muck and Mire



"Our real blessings often appear to us in shape of pains,
losses and disappointments; but let us have patience and
we soon shall see them in proper figures."
Joseph Addison

Cycles have been prevalent in my life whether seasonal, biological, or mental.  To be aware of a cycle, one is more apt to view the big picture rather than small snapshots of life unfolding.  To maintain the larger view, one must stand back and not be stuck in the middle of the muddle.

Even though I am aware of my cycles, I tend to be distracted by details and silent nuances before I become aware that I am trudging through knee deep muck and mire.   It is necessary for me to pull back on my lens immediately in order to focus on higher ground.

Being of private nature, I depend upon myself for redirection.  I tell myself, "I know I did not come back for this; persevere, something better must be waiting ahead."  With hindsight, the cycle is readily recognized.  Many of my lessons are simply blessings in disguise.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment