Saturday, October 4, 2014

Pre-Planned or Spontaneous






I have a tendency to 'choke' when asked to write on a particular topic.  I do much better with a free flow style. Actually, my writing begins with several paragraphs before I  get to the heart of the message.  I will go back an eliminate the first few paragraphs, as the writing is not as good as what followed.

When I am writing spontaneously, I write non-stop as it takes a while before all is poured out onto the paper.  I dislike feeling pressured as though my writing were a test.  

My intention is to  allow life to gently unfold,  and the same is true for my writing.  I am never quite certain what will come forth on any given day.  The lesson is never clear in the very beginning.  I try to let myself be led rather than directed or pushed into a pre-planned topic. 

Writing is an insightful experience.  It awakens an awareness, connects me with other sources, and makes me feel alive.  When I get out of my own way, meaningful material seems to arrive.  If I am focused on a fixed subject, it is difficult for me to disengage my ego and trust what might come through.  When I write under direction, my brain overrides my natural authenticity which is usually found when I aimlessly write from my heart or deeper places.
Even if I am assigned a familiar topic, my words have a tendency to be more restricted.  It is so much more fun to be spontaneous just giving freedom for words to line up on a page!

No comments:

Post a Comment