Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Spring Flowers






The gift of the universe is upon each
who seek its presence/presents.

Ron Rathbun
THE WAY IS WITHIN



This morning, we bought flowers ... lots of flowers!  I get to choose the plants for the shaded front porch and Russ expertly chooses flowers for the containers in front of our home and in the back on the deck.  I felt like a child in a toy store, wandering up and down aisles of flowers knowing I could not have them all, but only just a few. 

Once we were home, we made an area for potting all of our newly purchased treasures.  We have many decorative clay pots and then numerous containers of varied colors.  It felt so good to be using my creative spirit in arranging the plants in the appropriate planters.  Then I rotated them several times before I found the perfect arrangement for on the front porch. 

I marveled at the beauty of my flowers.  The front porch was filled with vibrant colors, each plant having a particular charm of its own.  I was very much aware of the presence of this new energy as I breathed in the mild fragrances.   

The back patio and deck are filled with colors and my enthusiasm for the presents of spring soars.  I feel so alive again as I am connected to all of nature and  creatures both great and small.  It is good to be here, witnessing these gifts of the universe.  May the blessings be ...


2 comments:

  1. Love the photo of the many plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is bursting with playful moments, fun times, vibrant colors and pure joy! What a picture you created with your words!

    ReplyDelete