Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Silent the Sounds





It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. 
~K.T. Jong



As I sit in my favorite chair by the window, watching the birds fly from tree to tree, I let the concerns from the day slide away.  The stillness of the room encourages my monkey mind to settle down and to allow the comfort of silence relax my body, mind, and soul.

Memories of Christmas carols, children playing with new toys, expressions written across young parents faces, and the lines of loss etched upon others once again are recalled.  There are friends I have missed, some whose final destination I do not know, and others who have simply just let go. 

My chair embraces me, holds me as my thoughts drift into silence.  It is within this silence that the whispers of truth finally reach my ear.  In this chair of comfort, I can safely explore what life reveals as it knocks upon my heart's door.

This solitude allows me to speculate, but not be drawn in to decision making or planning.  It is a neutral time for simple observation, allowing all drama to fall by the way side.  I can see into the heart of the matter and feel the 'knowing' of what is true.

Before much longer, the Christmas tree will no longer be in my view.  I will miss the white lights laced between the branches, reflecting purity and goodness while I rest in my chair.  Time passes and the holidays come and go, but I can always find the beauty of life by stepping in to silence with body, mind, and soul. 




No comments:

Post a Comment