Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Knot Again!






Blessed are the flexible, for they can tie themselves into knots.

author unknown



Honoring my decision to explore Kundalini Yoga even farther, I ventured to my third class.  This particular session was entitled NAAM YOGA and Meditation, being presented by a teacher that I had yet to experience.  The brief description stated, "Naam Yoga practice will cultivate the fearlessness to face negativity and transmute it into positivity for your self, others and the situations that you face. "  The focus was to be on opening the heart, increasing intuition, and stimulating self-healing of the body and mind.

I had already attended the INTRO TO KUNDALINI Class and the YIN YOGA Class.  I felt I was still searching for the perfect balance between stretch and meditation guided by a teacher I felt connected to.  While reading the description of NAAM YOGA, I grasped words like open heart, intuition, and self-healing.  To me, these words depicted gentleness, calm, and relaxation, but intead, I found myself being tied into knots. 

Although challenged, I was able to keep up with this fast paced class to the end.  My shirt and pants were soaked to the skin, but my body, not so gracefully, unknotted itself feeling like a champion!  I have never experienced such an intense workout ... and probably not again any time soon, either.

Yoga continues to physically stretch my body which it definitely needs, and the time spent in yoga meditation is leading me back into connection with my inner self.  Yoga is positively impacting my body, mind, and spirit. 

Perhaps yoga is not your choice and that is perfectly fine; however, there is an abundance of practices out there just waiting for you.  Creative Dance, Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Zumba, Pilates, and Martial Arts are just a few of the many available options.  Moving your body cultivates respect and discipline. 

Come on! Explore an adventure that is just waiting for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment