Sunday, April 26, 2020

The Deciding Message





Our souls are not hungry for fame, comfort, wealth or power.
Our souls are hungry for meaning, for the sense that we have
figured out how to live so that our lives matter."
Harold Kushner, 1935

It has been a challenging experience to find my lovely self.  There were layers I self applied hoping for acceptance by others, layers projected upon me by others, and then the discarding of all layers that bound rather than enhanced.

Of course I participated in groups, but not to become enmeshed.  I had hoped for the joining of diverse souls forming a whole.  Eventually, I liked who I was and was no longer afraid to use my voice.  I was comfortable in carefully sharing my truths and felt blessed to be me.

In relationship, I attracted partners that were drawn to my complex personality.  Once in union, however, I was directed to not share who I was in public ... "Let's not tell people of your passion, yearnings, and spirituality."  The deciding message seemed to be, "Just don't be you and everything will be fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment